Author Topic: Nervous about trt  (Read 211 times)

budweiser

• View Profile
Nervous about trt
« on: August 11, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »
Was anyone afraid of starting trt incase their dick didn't come back?

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Nervous about trt
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 06:23:54 PM »
Nope haha, far the opposite is likely to happen, the only way you'd get ED from TRT is if your Estrogen hit the roof, that would cause issues, but that's easily manageable one way or another, or not at all in my own case, I take 175mg per week (technically) and still don't need an ai.

If anything it's kinda hanging lower/larger at flaccid. (Sorry for the detail) but yeah it's certainly not gone anywhere!

Testicles on the other hand...

budweiser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:43:10 PM »
Nope haha, far the opposite is likely to happen, the only way you'd get ED from TRT is if your Estrogen hit the roof, that would cause issues, but that's easily manageable one way or another, or not at all in my own case, I take 175mg per week (technically) and still don't need an ai.

If anything it's kinda hanging lower/larger at flaccid. (Sorry for the detail) but yeah it's certainly not gone anywhere!

Testicles on the other hand...

Thanks Olly! :)

That's quite a normal trt dose actually. Americans are taking 200mg week on excelmale, some even 250mg week and yes dr prescribed.

Is your dr/endo letting you self inject? What are your T and Oestradiol levels on that dose?

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 05:39:23 PM »
Hmm, to be honest 200mg is really the upper limit normally and seems to be less common, I have seen 250mg per week on other forums but those doses are for the extreme hypermetabolizers out there (or so I'd like to think). The 80-150mg range is the most common. Example being Sustanon every 2 weeks being 125mg per week and nebido every 12 being 83mg per week and so on.

At the end of the day it's a case of getting to a dose which provides therapeutic benefit/symptom relief and also provides sufficient levels, while trying not to go over board and get issues with RBC and oestradiol, which tends to mean overdosing. More sometimes isn't always more.

Yes I self Inject, 125mg every 5 days as other wise my levels jump of a cliff, so I obviously metabolise fairly quickly, my levels hover between 19.7-22.7 nmol/L testosterone and 77-83 pmol/L Oestradiol. However my own levels don't mean much as that's what works for me, I started on 125mg per week and that wasn't enough, but for most its more than enough.

Anyway, just realised I thought you were trying clomid at a lower dose? I honestly think your secondary since your levels shot up when you took your 'PCT cocktail', being secondary and being able to produce your own is always always better than exogenous Testosterone. I'd much rather have working healthy balls which can be signaled manually than have two useless lumps of collagen hanging there doing nowt.

budweiser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49:06 PM »
I am on clomid at a lower dose but not really feeling much benefit. I'm not taking an AI atm because I don't know what my numbers are on this protocol yet. I'm going to get tested at the juice clinic in Sheffield on Wednesday.

I'm getting the occasionally semi morning woods and erections by stimulation but that's about it. I'm sticking with the low dose clomid for another month then going to get bloodwork in the last week aswell, then some more bloods 4-6 weeks after the clomid has left my system.

I honestly don't believe it will come back naturally as it's been 12 years but you never know. Maybe because I started drinking heavily after steroid shutdown my body just didn't have a chance but I actually have been told by doctors, nurses, counsellors, support workers and other people that If I remain abstinent for 6 months or more it could come back!!

I'm still battling the alcoholism disease. I keep relapsing but my alcohol worker has asked the dr to put me on naltrexone to abolish the cravings.

Ashto70

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »
Hi Bud

While ever you've got an issue with alcoholism you'll have a problem with reaping the potential benefits of TRT. Naltroxone as far as I'm aware is really as opioid agonist and is better for treating heroine addiction than alcoholism. That said, give it a go by all means, as there has been some proven success with its use among the alcohol addicted population. Has your doctor ever mentioned Librium or Acamprosate?

One thing's for sure. If Naltrexone has any effect at all it should improve your libido. Generally, opioids of any type occupy opiate receptors, and the more occupancy the more negative effect on libido - that's proven and from my own experience too - so you might be happily surprised!

Good luck with it.
Craig