Author Topic: 28 yr old starting Clomid.  (Read 933 times)

Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: 28 yr old starting Clomid.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 11:59:57 AM »
Ah yeah, I was thinking of L-Tryptophan, it has that in it

charlysays

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 03:36:26 PM »
It can also make a meaningful effect on your nerves too... High doses of pyridoxine (50mg+) are linked to peripheral
neuropathy, but yes it should lower prolactin, it'll be an interesting experiment nevertheless, it's one of the few things I haven't tried to be honest, due to the above worry.

The logic I've used for lowering prolactin is anything which raises dopamine or acts as a D2 receptor agonist, which in turn inhibits prolactin, so with that in mind I've successfully lowered my prolactin from the 600's down to 252mu/L, which I might add was tested at a worst case scenario too, just eaten, walked/rushed to the pathology lab, realised there is a massive queue, stressed about running late for work, queue jumped/wee-weeed of 25 people ;), then finally got it done, so you can't get more real world than that!

my current 'stack' to accomplish this is n acetyl tyrosine 200-300mg 2x per day, zinc 50mg at night, ginkgo biloba 120mg 2x per day.

The thought/method behind this is n acetyl tyrosine is a dopamine precursor, and is rate limited by tyrosine hydroxylase, so won't send dopamine though the stratosphere, but will still promote better levels. The ginkgo also increases circulating dopamine and in some studies has show to act as a d2 receptor agonist. The zinc is another one which does much of the above.

Zinc
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2753470

Ginkgo
http://www.ergo-log.com/ginkgo3.html

Tyrosine
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0024320579903941

Another Supplement is vitamin D, I've managed to get my levels to around 107nmol/L with 10,000iu per day. (yes, a lot, I know... I Don't care, I've not died., Or even close to toxicity)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26179930

Testosterone and dopamine are also very closely connected, I've not yet been able to prove Low testosterone can cause high prolactin, I can however reference the reverse. I genuinely believe Low T will cause some small increase in prolactin, it has to, low T = Low dopamine, there is no debate there. I'm just waiting for a study showing the same as what I've said all along. Dr Savage had also commented which the stress of suffering from low Testosterone does often cause high prolactin, He was about the only person who convinced me I really don't have a pituitary tumour when I was seeking treatment a year ago, just low T, he was right.

Ashwagandha is another herb which is talked about for lowering prolactin, I had some success with this pre TRT, it's not bad at all, I actually felt semi OK for a short while. It has quite a few health benefits, Funny story though I recently tried it again to see if it would help my anxiety/can't wind down stuff and... Well it did, so much which I looked drunk at work... It's odd how pre TRT I was taking double the dose to help get some relief from the symptoms of Hypogonadism, but now feeling well but just going though a stressful time and I get a totally different result! Very very odd Indeed, I slept well though... But safe to say I discontinued that one pretty swiftly, I was not overly productive to say the least.

And then there's my very recent addition of theanine which has so far been amazing to take before sleep, I've been taking it for over a week now and it's like I've had an extra 2 hours rest, amazing! I'm waking up much less jittery, and absolutely no sedation or any other unwanted effects. Do a little research into it, it been extensively studied and shown to quite a good relaxant, I mean it is one of the amino acids in tea after all. Oh and there is a lot of anecdotal evidence for increasing sex drive, I'll let you guess where I'm going with this, (prolactin).

Androxal is an annoying one really, in the FDA testing it didn't live upto the claims made, it feel short of raising Testosterone as high as traditional TRT, but it depends how to want to look at it really. http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-repros-study-idUKKCN0XB2IK

Yeah sorry if I sounded harsh about the relationship comment, after rereading it my cynical humour may have come across wrong... Anyway I totally get psycho ex's, it happens unfortunately, I'm quite lucky to have got married (happy I might add) at a young age, but all my relationships prior ended up sour and nasty quickly.

Glad you going on dates and all that good fun, especially if you've gone though low T it can be confidence breaking, so getting back out there is good, I hope you meet someone, and no not just for that, I hate guys who use women just for one thing, so don't get my previous post wrong :)

On the violence comment, you're lucky! I've been punched in the face more times than I'd like to be honest haha! It was worse when I was younger, it's whenever me and a particular friend walk anywhere some idiot always has to start to show of to their friends, actually had some cretin do this yesterday in fact, not a big deal, apart from being called a "batty boy", I mean my feelings are just too hurt... I don't know what I'm going to do? It's totally blown my mind that an insufficient ant could possibly think this of me...  🙄😂 but yes in all seriousness I have had similar experiences by the sounds haha, isn't life just wonderful like that?

Great post cheers mate. Will take a look into those and come off the B6 soon. Definitely don't fancy PN. Had trapped nerves and those were extremely disturbing until they became numb!... then I was able to tune it out.

Wow sounds like you landed on your feet with your wife :)
I've still got a few years of dating I suspect to collect some punches lol!

charlysays

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 08:06:02 PM »
New results in from the blood I had drawn monday (after a weekend on the lash I might add lol).

TT: 21.5nmol/ltr
SHBG: 27nmol/ltr
Oestradiol: 126pmol/l
LH: 4.9 IU/L

Thinking back to my 6 week bloods... I played with the dose a bit. Did 12.5 mg EOD for a couple of weeks, then 12.5mg ED for a couple of weeks, then 25mg ED for a week then went back to 12.5mg ED a week before the tests which may explain why they're slightly lower this time. That and having been wasted for a chunk of the weekend lol.

Looks good tho I think. Still got a nice libido and decent morning/ night time wood most nights. Even get that nice rushy feeling when I see a HB, I'd forgotten about that before this year. Also got stronger in the gym and more of a V taper and have got a little trimmer despite eating more sweet stuff.

What are your guys honest opinion on oestradiol? I hear that 70-100pmol is considered the sweet spot for most people. I'd have to take a tiny and infrequent dose of anastrazole to shave mine down to under 100? Worth it or just roll with it?

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:40 PM »
New results in from the blood I had drawn monday (after a weekend on the lash I might add lol).

TT: 21.5nmol/ltr
SHBG: 27nmol/ltr
Oestradiol: 126pmol/l
LH: 4.9 IU/L

Thinking back to my 6 week bloods... I played with the dose a bit. Did 12.5 mg EOD for a couple of weeks, then 12.5mg ED for a couple of weeks, then 25mg ED for a week then went back to 12.5mg ED a week before the tests which may explain why they're slightly lower this time. That and having been wasted for a chunk of the weekend lol.

Looks good tho I think. Still got a nice libido and decent morning/ night time wood most nights. Even get that nice rushy feeling when I see a HB, I'd forgotten about that before this year. Also got stronger in the gym and more of a V taper and have got a little trimmer despite eating more sweet stuff.

What are your guys honest opinion on oestradiol? I hear that 70-100pmol is considered the sweet spot for most people. I'd have to take a tiny and infrequent dose of anastrazole to shave mine down to under 100? Worth it or just roll with it?

Hey mate,

I'd just roll with it in your circumstance, literally because I'd say with having been out of the p*** that'll have no doubt skewed things a little, the main thing Is that your feeling well and as you should be, so I'd go with that over anything.

The testosterone and shbg looks good, LH is shockingly not too high, which is actually a good thing given testosterone is at a good level. Further confirmation of being secondary not primarily.

I'd be happy with that, but obviously mindful of the oestradiol, if it persists or you notice symptoms then I'd act and get another test, but if your feeling good then that's the main thing.

:)