Author Topic: Guidelines for most countries  (Read 6442 times)

nick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Testosterone Deficiency Centre
Re: Guidelines for most countries
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 05:41:02 AM »
I think a big part of the problem is lab reports. That and the lack of guideline awareness among GPs.

I was tested recently and phoned in for my results to be told, "the report says Serum Testosterone is 10.3 No Action necessary", which as we know is complete rubbish.

Busy GPs will take the lab report and act on it.

The lab reports need to reflect the guidelines of course, so between 8 and 12 the report should say "consider a trial of Testosterone therapy" or similar.

Cheers,

Nick.

ironaddict

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 08:29:01 AM »
I know what you're saying, I also find it highly frustrating that there are some drugs that are handled out without thought such as statins and AD's some of which have nasty sides

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 10:08:05 PM »
I think a big part of the problem is lab reports. That and the lack of guideline awareness among GPs.

I was tested recently and phoned in for my results to be told, "the report says Serum Testosterone is 10.3 No Action necessary", which as we know is complete rubbish.

Busy GPs will take the lab report and act on it.

The lab reports need to reflect the guidelines of course, so between 8 and 12 the report should say "consider a trial of Testosterone therapy" or similar.

Cheers,

Nick.

My lab reb reports commented that my T was out of range and the GP's totally ignored this, I only know this due to requesting my results and reading the notes myself. some Dr's ignorance is really worrying.

mt006

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 05:00:09 PM »
My consultant has authorised treatment (after saying no) on tests returns of  6.6...  The GP who proscribed it says my tests are "borderline" which we know here is rubbish but does show the mindset somewhat.

However as a side thing have you read the story of the GP who died recently?  Kate Granger I think it might be - It was on the news this morning.

She struggled for diagnosis for nearly 2 years despite being a Doctor - by the time they realised what was wrong with her it was too late (terminal cancer).

The story was presented (as the BMA are going to publish her online blog) as the dangers of overworked Drs etc etc who feel that "they can't take sick time as they aren't allowed to be ill"

However her Husband mostly said in interview that when she went as a patient she felt that she wasn't listened to, that her symptoms were ignored, she was diagnosed with "mental problems" and there were apparent disagreements over testing.  She eventually had to get private testing done

Even though there is no short term risk with Low T this story seemed to echo with many of the ones one this forum and it makes me think - if even Doctors cannot get the correct diagnosis and treatment without many appointments and arguments what hope the rest of us......

Ashto70

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »
That is a disconcerting story mt006. Still, doesn't really surprise me as "irony" is something the NHS often does very well.

Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 04:36:01 PM »
Bit off topic but how do you work out nmol/L into ng/dl?

My blood tests are always in nmol/L but seems most ranges and stuff on the internet for the "normal" are in ng/dl.

Ashto70

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 06:18:10 PM »
Hi there Anon

You can use the converter on the Nebido website to do this:

http://www.nebido.com/tools/index.php/en/default/index/conversion-tool

Regards,
Craig