Author Topic: Androxal - The Male Clomid  (Read 2927 times)

db570uk

• View Profile
Re: Androxal - The Male Clomid
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 09:14:10 PM »
Whilst meeting with Dr Raheem yesterday, I asked what are the latest developments with all things treatments wise for hypogonadism.
Dr Raheem mentioned enclomiphene citrate (Androxal) is still likely to see the light day soon as he sits on the advisory panel. Apparently a lady from Europe had made a claim that the Enclomiphene Citrate affects fertility  in a negative way, which Dr Raheem interceded to say was the total opposite. Not sure how much this has impacted things but goes to show how discussions can take the drug into more trials etc. It felt really good when leaving UCLH Andrology yesterday (Sat appointment) that Dr Raheem is a world leading figure involved in trying to get this drug approved.

God bless you Dr Raheem!

Dave
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:24:09 PM by db570uk »

Sham

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 09:35:58 PM »
Nice to hear that thereís still a chance for this. One thing that crossed my mind though is that if it is ever authorised by the European Medical Agency (where it is currently under review), it may well happen after the UK has left the EU, so we may never see it here...

db570uk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 09:55:05 PM »
Hi Sham, Agreed, but living in hope. It would be nice it would be available to guys in the UK.
Just hoping Brexit doesn't scupper this

Dave

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:56:42 PM by db570uk »

Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 08:43:47 AM »
Would be fantastic if so. Thanks for the update Dave.

Does anyone know anymore of the 'scientific' differences between this and standard Clomid? I presume it'll be less oestrogen affecting?

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 01:55:26 PM »
Awesome news!

Hopefully this will be the answer to a lot of guys who are secondary but are clomid non-responders, and it's looking closer and closer to finally happening.

Can't believe a Dr was convinced it would harm fertility though, very silly comment...

:) 

Sham

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »
In theory this will be of benefit to the people that experience an increase in testosterone level on clomiphene but not a significant improvement in symptoms. Whether or not this is the case in practice, I donít know.

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 03:26:56 PM »
In theory this will be of benefit to the people that experience an increase in testosterone level on clomiphene but not a significant improvement in symptoms. Whether or not this is the case in practice, I donít know.

I agree, this could be the answer, but only time will tell.

Either way it's another option and one which is actually intentionally designed for men, it would be interesting to see whether or not guys currently on the clomid and anastrozole combo could swap to just Androxal with the  need for an ai.

Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »
I.e myself :D

db570uk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 10:33:09 PM »
Hi Guys

When I spoke to Dr Raheem I too asked about the benefits of Enclomiphene Citrate over Clomid and Dr Raheem
said it definitely reduces the estrogen effect that is part of the Clomid. Which is great especially in my case I am unfortunately one of those that aromatase easily with modest dose 25mg and  high doses  of Clomid.  I am hoping a reduction of E2
would lead to improved t-levels on Androxal as the best T  level on Clomid was at 50mg a day where I reached 17nmol.
Feeling good libido wise but not great in my head

Hopefully guys will feel a lot better without the added estrogen side effects caused by Clomid.

I am not to sure if an AI would be required but I will ask Dr Raheem his thoughts when I see him next in end of January.

Dave

Sham

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 05:43:19 AM »
Enclomiphene will reduce the oestrogenic effects experienced with clomiphene, but not due to reducing oestradiol. The E2 your body makes from aromatisation (primarily the result of high LH) will still be there just as much as with clomiphene. What will go away is the oestrogenic zuclomiphene isomer found in clomiphene, which is not E2 but which still activates the oestrogen receptors in the body. There may less of a need for an AI, as the overall presence oestrogens is decreased, but if E2 is still too high then youíll still benefit from an AI.

Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2017, 08:39:07 AM »
Thanks for the update Dave, definitely sounds promising.

Any further information from Dr Raheem when you meet him would be great... like having an inside man! ;D

db570uk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 02:46:22 AM »
Thanks Anon, will do.

Best regards
Dave