Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Diagnosis Problems / Re: Low Test or something else? (27 yr old)
« Last post by Akhela on Today at 06:19:11 PM »
Hi all,

Just an update and a plea for help/info.

I had my appointment with the endocronologist. In fact 3 of them. And Im at wits end.

Prior to my 1st appointment I had a blood test and the test was 14.3 nmol. The endocronoligist said this was normal and that it was likely depression. I asked what i could do. He said join a gym and go back on antidepressants. I said the result seems low and could he test for all of the recommendations you all gave. He refused saying the test was normal range. I asked about OTC test boosters and if they might help. He said do to do research and come back and tell him if I found anything. The appointment was over. In and out in 5 minutes. I complained to my GP saying he isnt taking it seriously so she had a phone convo with him and said try another appointment.

Appointment 2 - I tried to find natural test boosters. Tried Bulbine tablets for a couple of months and felt slightly better about life. The endo did not send the blood test forms so my GP sorted a form asap so I at least had a test result. It came back as 17 nmol. The endo said its looking better so keep going. I asked for more thourough testing. He said no because Im in range.

Appointment 3 - The endo once again didnt send the blood forms. GP saved me again. Result was 13.1. Bulbine isnt working anymore. Suicidal thoughts massively up. The endo once again said Im normal, refused to do further hormone tests and said to try a G.I diet for more energy. I just walked out.

Iv had enough of the 5 minute in and out appointments where Im not thouroughly screened and basically fobbed off. I can see the connection between the test number and my happiness level so clearly that its driving me insane I cant even get a thourough blood test done.

So here is my plea. First of all thanks if you have read this far. What I want to know is can anyone reccomend a private doctor near hertfordshire/london who will actually test things and not just brush me off as if Im trying to waste time? Iv read on here that Dr Savage is good but hes a 3 hour drive away. Id prefer if there was someone closer or I will go and see Dr S as a last resort. Thanks for any input guys.
How long have you been on TRT now?

How is your sex drive/libido?

I was told to take some Omega fish oil capsules as its supposed to thin the blood, I don't know how true this is but I am going to look into it. Ive also heard about Grapefruit but im not sure if its a myth?

I know about giving blood, just the thought freaks me out a little, I don't mind a blood test but giving blood would freak me out. There must be other things to thin the blood out? Baby Asprin?

I've been on TRT since August, my sex drive is spot on, it was one of the first things I noticed, to be fair my sex drive wasn't awful compared to some guys with low T.

I can safely say I wouldn't want it any higher though!

Omega 3 is good stuff, I take quite a lot per day (4g ish) I suffer from raynauds phenomenon, so it eases that,  but also its  a good way to keep blood flowing properly in the event of mild polycythemia. Same goes for asprin, but don't forget neither will lower hematocrit, just lessen the effects.

Grapefruit will actually 'mediate' RBC to some degree, however it can interfere with some medications due to the enzyme activity, I wouldn't bother personally.
  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3243695

With regards to blood donation I'm a recovering needle phobic, so if I can donate every 3-4 months anyone can! Seriously I'm an actual baby with that sort of stuff, honestly it's not that bad, you don't even need to look, I never do, I take my wife for company and normally by the time we've got chatting and joking with the staff it's done anyway, takes about 7-8 minutes for me.

But I completely understand you not wanting to, so don't worry too much, besides you don't even have issues (yet), it's just good to have a plan or preventive in mind, 'tis all.
Therapy Issues / Re: Clomiphene Failed. AI Monotherapy?
« Last post by MG on Today at 07:59:22 AM »
I'm off to buy a 20 pack you have sold it to me ha
« Last post by Olly13 on Today at 01:25:09 AM »
The head injurys are a possibility, sorry to say, but you'll never know for sure, I sent myself nuts trying to understand what went wrong myself, it is what it is my friend.

Now the nicotine is actually very plausible, I more than believe you because I've also experienced the same thing, when I smoked I actually functioned better as a teen, odd as that sounds, I also connived my daughter as a smoker ironically, I've also read I few studies linking nicotine to higher Testosterone too if I remember rightly, if I stumble across it then I'll post it on this thread. I mean for one nicotine raises dopamine, dopamine and testosterone go hand in hand both directions, so you increase one the other follows. It also decreases the chance of parkinsons too. Shame it's addictive and will give you cancer!

I smoked on and off between ages of 13 to 18, very silly that was...

So Just to clarify I'm not suggesting we all light up... no, just no, Haha.
« Last post by jwal90 on June 24, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Thanks for these replies.

I have stumbled across some information which may be of interest to smokers/ex-smokers.

I started smoking when I was 13 and didn't make my first serious attempt to stop until I was 23 - which coincides with my first experience of Low T symptoms. Upon research I've discovered that there have been numerous studies showing that not only is nicotine an estrogen suppressant but also a Aromatase Inhibitor.

Throughout those years I have made repeated attempts to quit (some lasting up to a year or more) but always came back to it. If I think hard about it a majority of my high E/low T symptoms came about during these attempts (including my most recent one which has been a month now).

It's also probably worth noting that I had 2 serious head injuries as a child (none of my friends are surprised to hear this) which resulted in a fractured skull both times. There appears to be a lot of research material suggesting that even minor infant head trauma can lead to permanent damage to the pituitary gland and inhibit healthy hormone production.

It's my theory, and I'm clutching at straws here, that the head injuries caused borderline secondary hypogonadism and the nicotine throughout my teen/adult years have masked the symptoms.

So I put this theory to the test today and bought myself some nicotine patches - lo and behold and I have noticed a marked improvement in my mood, a slight increase in my libido and I'm peeing a lot more. I completely accept that this may be a total placebo but interesting none the less and I thought it was worth sharing.

Let me know what you think
I'm on exactly the schedule as you, 125mg Sustanon E5D.

I started of at 250mg E14D and VERY quickly realised that wasn't going to work, by day 9 I was back to being tired and my inner arsewipe showing though, so I switched to 125mg E7D and that was an improvement but I felt too up and down and my trough got down to to 8nmol/L, so that wasn't quite right either, so I asked to go to 250mg E10D/125 mg E5D, and that's been perfect, no dips, just right, E2 right where it should be, but at the cost of a highish Hematocrit, not horrific, but not idea either.

I'll never forget the first week, probably just the contrast between going from crap to well, but still.

One hint if you do ever have a climbing RBC in the future, donate Blood if your eligible, either way it's a sure plan to never run into issues as a preventative measure anyway, at least on a higher dose, Plus it's solves someone else's issue. :)

How long have you been on TRT now?

How is your sex drive/libido?

I was told to take some Omega fish oil capsules as its supposed to thin the blood, I don't know how true this is but I am going to look into it. Ive also heard about Grapefruit but im not sure if its a myth?

I know about giving blood, just the thought freaks me out a little, I don't mind a blood test but giving blood would freak me out. There must be other things to thin the blood out? Baby Asprin?

I'm on exactly the schedule as you, 125mg Sustanon E5D.

I started of at 250mg E14D and VERY quickly realised that wasn't going to work, by day 9 I was back to being tired and my inner arsewipe showing though, so I switched to 125mg E7D and that was an improvement but I felt too up and down and my trough got down to to 8nmol/L, so that wasn't quite right either, so I asked to go to 250mg E10D/125 mg E5D, and that's been perfect, no dips, just right, E2 right where it should be, but at the cost of a highish Hematocrit, not horrific, but not idea either.

I'll never forget the first week, probably just the contrast between going from crap to well, but still.

One hint if you do ever have a climbing RBC in the future, donate Blood if your eligible, either way it's a sure plan to never run into issues as a preventative measure anyway, at least on a higher dose, Plus it's solves someone else's issue. :)
I know itight be a tiny dose compared to on cycle, but please remember on a cycle it's only temporary, so you hematocrit cam go back down again once of cycle, whereas TRT is permanent, so there is more chance for issues to arise in the long term. I'm sure you know all this anyway, so if you do I'll stop telling you to suck eggs.  :)

I felt a difference immediately too, I actually felt in on the tain back from Dr Savage, very odd feeling, I'll never forget it that's for sure, Top of the world is an understatement!

You might feel a little up and down over the next month though while you reach a steady state, but the split dosing will minimise that feeling, glad it's working well for you, enjoy it.

I got my bloods done at 4 weeks and then at 6 months or so.

Thanks Olly
Im well aware of the RBC issues and my dose may well be adjusted yet anyway once bloods get done.

Are you on Gels or Injections?

It really has worked very quickly, I felt it a bit on the first day but day 2 was WOW, a whole new me, just hope it continues.
« Last post by Olly13 on June 24, 2017, 05:18:11 PM »
Hey there,

Just to add to the advice already given (which is spot on by the way!) the clomid might still be a viable option, but you seriously need Anastrozole along side it, clomid increases E2 anyway, so to add more won't help the situation.

So anastrozole would be the solution, you'd also get might higher Testosterone, since it's not all going into E2 then!

Olly.
Diagnosis Problems / Re: Could these all be linked? ammunition needed for new doc
« Last post by mt006 on June 24, 2017, 04:47:15 PM »
I would say you are the typical person the anti-aging clinics would target existing problems not withstanding

Your T has reduced with Age and is probably about right but as with other problems of growing old your SHBG has risen as well.  Its effectively a double hit on your available T.  The fact you have started to develop belly fat probably points to your increased oestrogen problems but again, is a common factor when growing older

I would say that you have a very serious and expensive decision to make - the fact that your Dr gave you a trial at all with those test results but won't do follow up bloods sounds like one of those Dr's who is trying to placate, not treat.

Normally on the NHS you wouldn't get treatment at all with those levels.  If you have Thyroid problems and a consultant for those then that might be a better place to start. 

However I am afraid that you might be looking at a private Dr to get the treatment you need. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10