Author Topic: Reference Range Map  (Read 9013 times)

mad4it

• Feeling better than I did
    • View Profile
Re: Reference Range Map
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 08:46:16 PM »
Best times ever Craig. We loved at Maximes in Wigan, danced all night off my head smoking like a trooper !!😁 We did Monroes afterwards till Sunday morning go back to my  mates house and chill out all day reliving the top night we had just had. I was not a lover of the Hacienda,couldn't relax. Too many thugs and wannabe gangsters. We were out for the music only O and for them mad rushes. Thank god for them " rhubarb & custards"😃😃😃😃

Ashto70

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2016, 04:27:43 PM »
I preferred the Mitsubishi's and white doves myself. Best 15.00 I ever spent!
We had a Maxime's my local town of Newcastle too. Never realised they were a pan-national chain of nightclubs. When I went Hacienda it was on a Friday night in 1987/1988 and it was very peaceful. I know that later - I think after '93 - it went downhill fast. I blame the introduction of Drum & Bass, and Gabba Techno for things going awry.
For me 1988 to 1993 were the very best years of House. The days that started with Baby Ford, Rude Boyz of House, Nitro Deluxe, and A Guy Called Gerald starting the Acid House scene.

I think we're probably venturing into misusing the thread. So I'll remove these posts after your next reply, if you make one.

Best regards.
Craig

TommyT

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 05:29:24 PM »
Hi all

Royal Bournemouth September 2015

Normal range
0.5 - 30 nmol/l

Lymington new forest hospital April 2015

Normal range
10-23.6

Also like to say on 1 blood test i had 11nmol/l from lymington hospital and it said below range in the normality box.

Then I was referred to Bournemouth endocrine unit had a test that was 4.5nmol/l and the doc said it was in range lol

A very long year and half later And starting Nebbio in a couple of weeks

Do your levels fluctuate like mine ?

My levels over the  last year and a half have been

8.8 - 11 - 4.5 - 6 - 13

I have tried different testosterone boosting supplements over that time

Regards Tom
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:34:20 PM by TommyT »

Ashto70

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2016, 11:32:22 AM »
Hi Tommy

A regular Joe unaffected by hypogonadism would see their levels fluctuate during the day. The levels peak in the morning an hour or so after waking, and then drop by 15% to 40% (depending on age) by the evening. So the time you take your blood tests will affect these results, but hypogonadism can also cause specific-time fluctuations due to impaired function of the pituitary gland and/or ill-functioning or damaged testicles.

Do you have any results for LH, FSH, SHBG? If so please post them up on the diagnosis section of the website bruv.

Regards.
Craig

TommyT

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2016, 12:42:12 PM »
Thanks Craig
I'm 37 and all tests were done at 9 am Ish I will dig out all my blood tests and my laptop easier to type on than I pad and start a thread with symptoms and hassle I have had with NHS etc

Josh

• Administrator
  • *Send direct msg for admin/moderation requests*
    • View Profile
    • Testosterone Deficiency Centre
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2016, 09:21:34 PM »
Tommy,

Is that correct - 0.5 - 30nmol/L ? if correct that has got to be the lowest bottom end ever?!

Josh

Ashto70

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 01:48:29 PM »
Hi Josh

Yeah it does look a bit low! Do you mean 5nmol/L Tommy?
Using that range nobody would ever get onto therapy - not even guys with no testicles.

TommyT

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 02:19:15 PM »
Yes I couldn't believe it either

Still have copies of blood test I can send you as well

Ashto70

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2016, 06:46:37 PM »
No need bro. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a typo. :)

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »
Hi all,

Date of test's - 2015 to 2016

Ref ranges.
Testosterone: 11.4 - 27.9 nmol/L
Oestradiol: 92 - 223 pmol/L
SHBG: 18.3 - 54.1 nmol/L
LH: 1.7 - 8.6 iu/L
FSH: 1.5 - 12.4 iu/L
Prolactin: 86 - 324 mu/L
Androstenedione: 1 -11.5 nmol/L

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

and to no surprise these Ranges in no way aided trying to convince GPs that there was an Issue, I got told Total T of 9 nmol/L was perfectly fine.

thought I'd add the other test ranges in case it helps.

James G

• I want to break the indifference of the days...
  • I want a conscience that will keep me wide awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2017, 12:08:31 AM »
While this was undertaken in USA hopefully this will cross the pond and get adopted in Europe as well. A standardised range for testosterone might tighten up diagnosis and treatment and put a stop to the spurious debate about whether a guy's testosterone is low enough to warrant attention or treatment.

http://www.endocrinologyadvisor.com/androgen-and-reproductive-disorders/testosterone-reference-ranges-established-for-men/article/633551/

For info in case not been seen in a wider context here.
JG

It's all in ng/dl units, I haven't the energy right now to do the conversion , but someone brighter than I will, I am sure, give it a stab sometime.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:11:33 AM by James G »

db570uk

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 06:32:13 PM »
March 2017 - Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Recent test ranges

Testosterone   (8.6 - 29.0 nmol/L)
LH                 (1.7 - 8.6 U/L)
FSH               (1.5 - 12.4 U/L)
SHBG             (15-55 nmol/L)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:34:54 PM by db570uk »

charlysays

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2017, 01:26:32 PM »
No way!?

I was a raver and into Acid House too bruv! Used to go to Hacienda "Nude Nights", HelterSkelter, Fantasia, and went to my local raves at Shelley's and Entropy (Amnesia House) both in my town of Stoke on Trent.

Love listening to the Old Skool stuff still like Top Buzz, Daz Willet, Groove Rider, Krome and Time, Sasha, Man Paris and all them DJ's and MC's. Still do a bit of bedroom mixing these days too.

Seriously mate, they were the best years of my life bro.

Craig

Nice to see another raver about :)

Have a listen to FlexFM (can listen online or on 99.70 in greater London area) on a Sunday, 12-2pm... wicked early 90s oldschool show.
The Slammer- Krome & Time is a favourite of mine!

barkingmad

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »
Perhaps not useful geographically but I've had my Testosterone level tested several times with Medichecks (they have used 2-3 different labs) - each time they have used the range: 7.6 - 31.4 nmol/L.

Various tests done via the NHS (Manchester) have used the range: 8.4 - 28.7 nmol/L.

You would like to think the NHS and labs would decide on a 'standard' range and ideally also take into account 'age'. A result of 9 nmol/L is technically in range and may not cause issues for some one aged 85 but is more likely to be an issue to someone aged 35.

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »
Perhaps not useful geographically but I've had my Testosterone level tested several times with Medichecks (they have used 2-3 different labs) - each time they have used the range: 7.6 - 31.4 nmol/L.

Various tests done via the NHS (Manchester) have used the range: 8.4 - 28.7 nmol/L.

You would like to think the NHS and labs would decide on a 'standard' range and ideally also take into account 'age'. A result of 9 nmol/L is technically in range and may not cause issues for some one aged 85 but is more likely to be an issue to someone aged 35.

And here lies the problem... 12nmol/L should really be the bottom of the range. It'll happen one day :)