Author Topic: Appetite issues  (Read 1165 times)

Nick Nitro

• View Profile
Re: Appetite issues
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 06:20:15 PM »
I just took as 17.1 nmol/l, there's no value after the numbers, I'm gonna go try and get it checked when up at the docs next week.

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 06:28:57 PM »
I just took as 17.1 nmol/l, there's no value after the numbers, I'm gonna go try and get it checked when up at the docs next week.

Ah right nmol/L!!! Got you, that would equate to 130ng/ml

Still on the low end, but not anywhere near as bad *phew*

Probably worth looking into though.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 02:18:14 PM by Olly13 »

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 02:27:05 PM »
From having a few issues myself about IGF-1 and doing some digging, i'm actually going to retract my earlier statement, 17.1 nmol/L might be absolutely fine for you, by all means keep an eye on it, especially given that you're having weight loss issues, as it turns out there is a lot of conflicting research out there on IGF-1 at the moment, more isn't always better and you're still in range regardless of age, it means you've got a lower risk of certain cancers, so yeah, enjoy :D

Nick Nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 06:00:08 PM »
Hi olly, Funny thing my endo told me igf-1 tests are unreliable so in june im having a GH test done and don't sound pleasant,  she wants to see if the hcg will change anything first which is understandable.

Olly13

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 07:06:07 PM »
Hi olly, Funny thing my endo told me igf-1 tests are unreliable so in june im having a GH test done and don't sound pleasant,  she wants to see if the hcg will change anything first which is understandable.

Yeah blood serum GH testing is pretty bad too, I'm guessing they are doing a growth hormone stimulation test instead I hope?

From what I've read Testosterone does raise IGF-1 slightly,  I don't know why though.

Glad you've got a forward thinking endo! :)

Nick Nitro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 12:17:51 PM »
She said insurlin is injected to bring levels of something down, i should write things down when i go she bombards me with some much stuff in a short space of time i forget half of it lol.