Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Therapy Issues / Re: Out there query - IBS
« Last post by Olly13 on January 20, 2018, 09:59:35 PM »
Yup I've had this to a small degree.

About 6-7 years ago I was diagnosed with IBS, given mebeverine and sent on my merry way. After some experimenting I found I was gluten intolerant, blood tests showed other wise (but that's a debate for another day), however after going gluten free I found I could come off the meds, which was good,  However I still wasn't perfect, but about 90% better.

Since being on TRT I have had a noticeable change, in a good way, and has further improved things a little, avoiding stress is also key, nowadays I wouldn't even class myself as having IBS, the only time I question it is when I get super stressed, since when I do I could clear a room with the gas... It's foul.

One theory I had is that Testosterone reduces inflammation systemically, so no doubt that will influence bowel health positively, and in turn reduce intestinal cramping etc.

:)
Diagnosis Problems / Re: I saw Dr. Savage yesterday... undecided
« Last post by wallofglass on January 20, 2018, 09:47:57 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback on this. It's comforting to know that the conclusions I'm drawing seem reasonable to people who know a lot more about this than me.

It's a very difficult thing. Something does have to change because I've felt terrible 90% of the time for nearly a year now, but tanking my T level further terrifies me.

Dr. S prescribed me 6 pumps of Tostran a day fwiw
Therapy Issues / Out there query - IBS
« Last post by wallofglass on January 20, 2018, 09:28:34 PM »
Hi all,

I've had IBS for many years and it's got a lot worse lately along with the fairly classic low-T symptoms I exhibit (although my T isn't as low as many people on this forum are struggling with). Anecdotally I'm reading stories of people whose gastrointestinal troubles disappear while they're taking testosterone and there's the odd study out there that finds a correlation between low T and IBS.

Does anyone have any experience of this?
Diagnosis Problems / Re: Testosterone Deficiency - Sustanon Treatment Begun Dec 2014
« Last post by Olly13 on January 19, 2018, 07:15:20 PM »
To add to Craig's already good advice, the only thing I do differently is when I dose up my Sustanon I split it across two 1ml Syringes from the get go, as I don't feel that reusing the syringe is all that hygienic in the long run, especially when aspirating etc. It's also worth noting that by doing it this way prevents accidentally injecting too much, as you know its already measured out to exactly what you want to inject.
« Last post by Olly13 on January 19, 2018, 07:08:29 PM »
Thanks. Dr. Savage was saying he'd expect the gels to get most people into the 20s but that doesn't seem to tally with experiences here.

I'm with Craig here, it possibly won't.

However it depends on the dose, given enough gel it could get you into the 20's but again depends on the amount of gel.
« Last post by wallofglass on January 19, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »
Thanks. Dr. Savage was saying he'd expect the gels to get most people into the 20s but that doesn't seem to tally with experiences here.
Therapy Issues / Re: New Nebido User
« Last post by Ashto70 on January 19, 2018, 04:56:19 PM »
Hi Dave.

Sorry to hear about your Dexa results. The good news is you "haven't" got osteoporosis, so you can do something about it. The calcium and vitamin D will get to work reknitting the network of fibres in your bones making them stronger and denser than ever before. Without a doubt, the testosterone supplementation will go hand-in-hand in making this happen faster and better than nutrients alone.

Yes, testosterone physiological doses can have a positive effect on raising levels of HDL (the good cholesterol), however, it can in some people also raise levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) and also triglycerides. So watching what you eat and exercising will be important factors in determining how testosterone affects you personally with regards to cholesterol.

Nebido is otherwise known as testosterone undecanoate and the efficacy of the hormone arises in its supposed long-life due to a long chain of chemical esters attached to each molecule. Sustanon, for example, is a drug combining four different testosterone drugs and half-lives. Sustanon's shortest ester is testosterone propionate, which metabolically gets to work almost immediately but has cleared the system wholly within 48 hours. Its longest ester is testosterone decanoate, this ester has a half-life of around 10 to 12 days making it biologically active for almost a month.

Nebido's testosterone undecanoate ester is has a similarly long half-life to Sustanon's decanoate. The thinking is that given a large enough dose of Nebido the effects due to the long half-life of Nebido will continue over a course of time conferring several health benefits whilst minimising unwanted side-effects. So, in brief, undecanoate is a slower and more subtle form of testosterone that can be administered in larger doses compared to shorter life drugs. Over time Nebido is thought to have a cumulative effect and build-up in the blood and tissues. The manufacturer posits that maximum effects take around twelve months to be realised but health benefits can continue even after that, regards increased muscle mass, bone density, and fat loss.

You're right to question how you're own health provider aims to go about reaching your next milestone of 15nmols/L. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. My guess is it will be pretty much the same as the last one (9nmol to 11nmol). I cannot really envisage how you're going to make such a jump over the course of a single injection without shortening the duration, increasing the dose, or adding another drug or supplement in the mix to affect the outcome.

Still, overall I understand you're doing better on Nebido than you were without it, and at the end of the day the important thing is how we feel and not what a number dictates.

Craig
Diagnosis Problems / Re: Testosterone Deficiency - Sustanon Treatment Begun Dec 2014
« Last post by Ashto70 on January 19, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »
Hi Jamie.

After several years I think it's about time they let you manage your own treatment. You are an adult after all.
If you can get hold of enanthate then brilliant. It's just one medium life ester that's easier to titrate if you're going down the split dosing route. There are several ways to manage the administration of doses when it comes to using the glass ampoules. Basically, three things are to be considered above all - convenience, health, and safety.

If you've got a plentiful supply of syringes then you can preload to your heart's content. However, to prevent yield shrinkage and to keep it simple I would consider loading one syringe if you're splitting the ampoule into two or three doses. If you're going to split it into four then use two. So, for example, you want to split your 250mg ampoule into two doses (an injection every Monday let's say).
- Gently warm the ampoule so the solution thins out preventing it coming locked in the neck/head of the ampoule.
- Draw solution into the syringe.
- Take off and carefully dispose of drawing needle and replace with injecting needle.
- Push solution into needle clearing airlocks and pockets.
- Replace needle cap and store in dark and dry place ready for use.

When it comes to injecting, make sure you've pushed the oil through the needle ready for the shot. If you're using a 2ml syringe then you're going to inject down to 0.5ml if injecting 125mg per dose.
Remember to replace the needle after use and push through ready for next shot.

I think that's pretty much how I did it when titrating. However, nowadays I just take the full amp and then redose when my body tells me. This is usually around every 14-16 days.

Side note: Ideally, if you're entertaining split-dosing, insulin syringes with ready-prepared needles might be something to think about. I tried it once but the only issue I found was that it took an age to load the things because insulin syringes are made to carry water rather than thick viscous oil as in testosterone shots. If you go this route make sure you warm your ampoules up thoroughly beforehand as it's going to make loading them somewhat easier.

Craig 
Therapy Issues / Re: 4 weeks on Nebido
« Last post by andy on January 19, 2018, 03:40:41 PM »
Hi andy, as you've already seen i had the exact same issue and my urologist told me that although my oestrogen was reasonable, it didn't look good for me and nebido which is why I'm going onto sustanon on Tuesday. Fingers crossed I don't get the same negative response as the positive, though short lived was great. Keep us posted andy, I too would be very interested to see if it subsides in time

In my case, I think it is far too early to give up on nebido and switch to sustanon. I'm hanging in there and seeing what happens over the next few weeks.
« Last post by Ashto70 on January 19, 2018, 03:29:18 PM »
Same here. I doubt gel is going to make much difference to levels of testosterone it wasn't designed to supplement. Even on a maximum dose, I doubt it'll raise your levels by any beneficial amount. Consider too, that when you first start applying the gel you're going to suffer a fluctuation (spike-and-trough) in hormone levels: natural T + supplement T - natural T. So in the initial week or two of starting therapy you will almost certainly feel a boost, but this will be shortlived because the HPTA will react to the presence of exogenous testosterone and shut down natural production.

Clomid is an option but since your blood results put you in a grey area hormonally it's difficult to ascertain whether you'd benefit from it. Out of the two though I'd probably go with Clomid purely due to the fact that it's not going to affect your HPTA like the gel will and it's the more likely of the two to produce any meaningful tangible benefits.

Good luck.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10